Offering my words up as I pour them out through the form of my stories and poetry. Some are safe...all our delightfully hedonic.

Pages

5.26.2009

poetry - ME (1996)

A poem I wrote while in high school.



ME



Jasmine W.



ã1996







Tears, small crystal shaped droplets



Fall down in a single line across my uneven mahogany skin tone.



I see my reflection in this thing called a mirror.



I touch this thing yet I only feel a cold slab.



The person on the other side is crying as well.



It looks to me for comfort yet I cannot give if any



For I am selfish hoping that I will find someone to hold me before it does.



I cry for many reason, for things that I have lost and things that I hope to gain but



Know I never will.







(STORY)







I look into the mirror, I see myself, the outer is just a shell of what is really on the inside.



I take a deep breath, touching the cold surface of the mirror.



I see something that nobody else sees. I see hope for me through this tunnel called LIFE.



It is testing me to see if I will pass its test. I will not fail. I will not fail. I WILL NOT FAIL!!!!



You will not defeat me for I shall have the spoils of the riches within my grasp. I wipe the drop of water away from eyes.



I wipe away all of the doubt and negativity through this simple action. I touch the mirror for the last time…



Vowing that when I come to feel the cool glass the next time we make contact, that I will be the one in control,



I will be the puppeteer, I will be the conductor of MY symphony, for I will no longer stand by and be controlled,



be the puppet being pulled by the strings, or play under someone else’s direction. For this performance is only for one person.



ME







Note: I typed this in one day, in a span of 3 hours; this is actually a story/poem. By the time I was done with this saga, this story came to 7 pages. WHOA yea I had a LOT on my mind that day. There are different chapters to this story BEAUTY, SELF-ESTEEM, FRIENDS, BOYS, LOVE. Who knows in the future I might post the chapters to this story.

No comments:

Copyright @ Lavender Libations | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN